In the neurodissent podcast, Molly Friesenborg and I (Nic Subtirelu) talk about neurodivergence, mental health, and psychiatry. We draw on history, philosophy, and our own experiences to explore ideas about the mind and the things that threaten to harm it. As two neurodivergent people, we seek new ways to talk about mental health that empower us and others.
- Episode 1 — The Hippocraposse
- Episode 2 — Jesus Christ & the Demoniacs
- Episode 3 — St. Jerome & the Fires of Lust
- Episode 4 — Margery Kempe & Other Creatures
- Episode 5 — The Exorcists of Heian
- Episode 6 — Thunder Magic
- Episode 7 — Love, Wonder, & Healing
- Episode 8 — The Hammer of Witches
Open access sources! I am an independent researcher, so I use sources that are freely available on the internet (open access). I do this so that our listeners can engage directly with the written sources without having to pay publishers’ fees. Each episode’s sources can be found on the episode’s page, listed above.
Support our work! We use Ko-fi to collect donations for our podcast. If you are able, please consider making a contribution to help us keep our work sustainable. We greatly appreciate any contributions!
“Grit” by Shaolin Dub, licensed use